cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SubGHz_Phy with LRWAN_GS_HF1 expansion board on NUCLEO-F746ZG

JPablo1
Associate II

Hello, I've been working in a LoRa (not LoRaWAN) network, implementing a master-slave topolgy with NUCLEO-WL55JC1 boards. Currently, I'm sending commands to the master via UART, but I'd like to do this through a web server, so I'm trying to get ethernet connection in my project. 

Looking for alternatives online, I bumped into the p_nucleo_lrwan2 bundle, which features a NUCLEO-F746ZG along with the LRWAN_GS_HF1 shield to build a LORAWAN gateway. This board supports ethernet as well as LoRa communication, making it suitable for the master implementation. The problem is that in STM's MOOCs and workshops, only the binary file for the gateway is downloaded and burnt into the board, but niether middleware nor iformation as to how to program the shield is provided. The datasheet from RisingHF only lists the AT comands to configure the gateway parameters.

I can chech the SX1301/SX1257 (the radio module that comes with the expansion board) datasheet to see the configuration/operation SPI commands and then make functions based on the middleware and exapmles provided in the STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.3.0 (I can't use the same because the radio module included in STM32WL5 series is the SX1261, but i guess the general idea is the same)

My question is if there are any gidelines on how to oprate the LoRa physical layer with the LRWAN_GS_HF1 expansion board and the NUCLEO-F746ZG to help me with the above mentioned process. 

On the other hand, it could be easier to implement ethernet communication on the NUCLEO-WL55JC1 board probably with some kind of shiled. Do you know any way to do this? and if yes, would it be more convenient?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
IIRHO.1
ST Employee

Hello @JPablo1  and welcome to ST Community.

You can implement Ethernet communication on the NUCLEO-WL55JC1 board using an Ethernet to SPI or Ethernet to UART shield. You can use it to send commands to the Master.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing "Accept as Solution". This will help other users find that answer faster.

Issam

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

My project would be to collect data from 50 node ends. based on the SMT32WLE5.
Send to a base or gateway based on the STM32WL55.
If I can do this from now on it's easy, I can use any microcontroller.
I tried Ping pong but I couldn't get the node ends to transmit without interfering with each other.
I found the Lorawan with LRWAN_GS_HF1 gateway very interesting.
but I would not like to use the LRWAN_GS_HF1, I would like to use the STM32WL55.
Is there any example, any literature about this?
I don't need or want to use the internet