cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DMA from ADC to DTCM with STM32F765VITx

BobbyBeta
Associate III

I have a project that is using DMA channels to transfer ADC values to DTCM. The values seem to be getting to the memory correctly but I was confused by Figure 1 of the datasheet which shows the ADC/DMA/SRAM on the AHB but the DTCM on a bus that appears to be disconnected from the AHB -> https://www.st.com/resource/en/reference_manual/rm0410-stm32f76xxx-and-stm32f77xxx-advanced-armbased-32bit-mcus-stmicroelectronics.pdf

What is the path the data is taking from the ADC to the DTCM? Is there any timing penalty from the data taking this path?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

The AHBS connects DTCM RAM to the bus matrix.

Not much is published on the speed of various transfers within the chip, but given that the AHBS is a slave just like interfaces to SRAM, the speed is likely comparable to what you'd get transferring it into SRAM.

TDK_0-1703979459026.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

The AHBS connects DTCM RAM to the bus matrix.

Not much is published on the speed of various transfers within the chip, but given that the AHBS is a slave just like interfaces to SRAM, the speed is likely comparable to what you'd get transferring it into SRAM.

TDK_0-1703979459026.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Honestly, this morning I don't see how I missed that AHBS line connecting to DTCM through the Cortex-M7 last night. Thanks for the reply.