cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of two SPI ports of STM32f107 to receive data from an external ADC

Mehdi54
Associate

Hi

I am receiving data from a 24-bit ADC through SPI. To reduce frequency of SPI-SCK, the ADC has the capability to send data through 2 SPI-MISO to STM32f107, both of them working with a single SPI-SCK (18Mbit/s). How can I configure SPIs in STM32cubeMX? I think I should define 1 master (Full Duplex) and 1 slave (Receive only) SPI ports and wire the SPI-SCK of master one to the slave one. Am I right?

Moreover, I want to send the data to PC through Ethernet and I should create a 50MHz Master Clock for the Ethernet Physical Layer Transceiver. I have conflicts for TIMs for the Master Clock Output. How can I solve the problem? 

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

What ADC?

Yes, generally one master SPI and one slave. CLK tied between both, ADC data lines tied to SPI incoming data (MISO on master, MOSI on slave). Might be some other signaling requirements that may be difficult to sync up.

> I have conflicts for TIMs for the Master Clock Output. How can I solve the problem? 

Resolve the conflicts. Hover the warning/error messages to find out the issue. Attach your IOC or provide more details. MCO is only available on a single pin (I think, maybe two), so make sure that pin is free for MCO functionality.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".