sue
Associate III
Posted on August 16, 2010 at 02:07

USART not working

24 REPLIES 24
sue
Associate III
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 14:02

No, no luddites here!  Just has to be Assembler.

Many many thanks for your last two posts.  You're a legend!  IT IS NOW ALL WORKING!! SEND AND RECEIVE!!  Thanks everyone for you patience with a newbie.  I have learned a lot and hope I can help someone one day.  The next time you hear from me will be when I am trying to get the USBs working - and don't all go and hide!

Kind regards

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

''Just has to be Assembler''

But why?

''The next time you hear from me will be when I am trying to get the USBs working''

In assembler??!

Even if you really can't use 'C' in your products, this thread has shown that you are severly restricting yourself by not at least being able to read the 'C' from others!

This will be especially so when you move to complex protocols like USB!!

>>The next time you hear from me will be when I am trying to get the USBs working - and don't all go and hide!

A USB stack in assembler!?, now that sounds like loads of fun. How much are you paying to implement/debug that?

As Andrew suggests, you should at least be able to read/decipher C to get any traction on a project like that, presumably you have experience in some high level language before getting to assembler.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
sue
Associate III

Yes, I agree that it would help to know C but finding the time is very difficult.  Anyway I've decided that if I'm asked to get the USBs working I'm just going to go somewhere and open a vein.

daviddavid92
Associate II

If I was being asked to write a USB stack in assembler, I would find a new job.

Learn C, it's not hard, and you will be truly empowered. You can then use the libraries, where all the hardwork has been done by ST!

Chris.