Associate II
Posted on July 18, 2009 at 21:36

Trouble getting USB Virtual Com Port (3.0.1) working with Rowley Crossworks

1 REPLY 1
darcy
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:17

Hi all,

Has anyone had the Virtual Com Port demo (3.0.1) working with the STM3210E-Eval board and Rowley Crossworks v2.0?

Unfortunately I'm using vista so the USB snoop tools don't work for me - so I have no idea at what point things are falling over.

If I use the FWLib startup source I immediately run in to problems with

extern unsigned long _etext;

extern unsigned long _sidata;

extern unsigned long _sdata;

extern unsigned long _edata;

etc....

... not being defined in the linker file. So, I've used the startup source provided by rowley that I've been using with great success for the past two years. So long as the weak interrupt vector function names are the same I don't see any problems in doing this (please correct me if I'm wrong!)

I've used the demo for the Virtual Com Port but will freely admit I don't fully understand the intricacies of the USB protocol. I was hoping to learn by using this demo. Everyone that has used the VCP demo projects seems to be having success so I can only assume something has happened in the creation of the Rowley project.

I built my rowley project by going through the xml of the other projects making sure I had set up the same includes, dependencies and preprocessor definitions. I'm happy with how that has been done.

Maybe someone can just give me a poke in the right direction please? Are there any free vista tools to diagnose USB issues? That would be the first place I think I should start.

When connecting to a PC I get ''Unknown Device'' with VID/PID = 0.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks