cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWD multi drop support on STM32L4

pt70
Associate II

Hi all.

I'd like to know if STM32L4S5 and STM32L432 support SWD multi drop (SW-DP v.2 protocol).

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

P.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can find out by decoding the DPIDR. Here for a G474, no L4 at hand:

Read Core ID: 0x2ba01477

DPIDR 0x2ba01477 (v1 rev2)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
TDK
Guru

There's this post saying the STM32H7 has multi-drop support:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AIdZjnSQF/does-the-stm32h750-support-multidrop-swd

But it's not mentioned in any reference documents or promotional material for the H7. Unsurprisingly, the L4 documents don't contain any information either.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

DP on L4 is V1. Multidrop support needs DP V2.

I am not doubting you, but where did you obtain this information? Can you see it when you connect with debugger or something?
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

@TDK​ The older reference manuals did not contain this yet, but the new ones already contain the note in the section Debug Infrastructure: The SWJ-DP implements SWD protocol version 2, if it is included.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

You can find out by decoding the DPIDR. Here for a G474, no L4 at hand:

Read Core ID: 0x2ba01477

DPIDR 0x2ba01477 (v1 rev2)

@Peter BENSCH​ By "new ones", do you mean ones we don't have access to? I can't find the phase in any current reference manuals.

https://www.st.com/resource/en/reference_manual/dm00176879-stm32h745755-and-stm32h747757-advanced-armbased-32bit-mcus-stmicroelectronics.pdf

pt70
Associate II

Thank you very much. Just for reference (from ADIv6.0:(

0693W00000JQ4rbQAD.png

E.g. RM0399 decodes Debug port identification register (DP_DPIDR)

Bits 15:12 VERSION[3:0]: DP architecture version

0x2: DPv2

@TDK​ I meant newer families like e.g. STM32H7, U5.

The SWD protocol version 2 is mentioned as a note in the RMs under Serial-wire debug port, e.g. for

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.