cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMH743ZI2 - Ethernet with LWIP transmitting, but not receiving

ss4
Associate

I followed this tutorial and I'm able to transmit UDP packets from my nucleo board to my computer. I've configured the code to use lwIP without freeRTOS. 

I'm trying to receive packets on my board over Ethernet by setting up a callback and it never enters the callback even though wireshark shows that packets are being sent. I'm also able to ping the ip address of the nucleo board and get a response. Any thoughts/debugging tips would be helpful!

struct udp_pcb* my_udp = udp_new();
udp_connect(my_udp, &PC_IPADDR, 9000);

printf("Connected to Ethernet.\n\r");

udp_recv(my_udp, UDP_RXCallback, NULL);
void UDP_RXCallback(void *arg, struct udp_pcb *upcb, struct pbuf *p, const ip_addr_t *addr, u16_t port)
{
	printf("in callback\n\r");

/* Free receive pbuf */
	pbuf_free(p);
}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STea
ST Employee

Hello @ss4 & @SITARAM ,

I suggest you follow the tutorial found in this Article as well as the working example in this GitHub repo with working Lwip Ethernet examples on the STM32H7 series.
Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SITARAM
Associate III

hello mr ss4 . can you send your ping working code plzz. im also trying same as you but im not able to ping . and mention the which version of firmware u are used. thanksss

STea
ST Employee

Hello @ss4 & @SITARAM ,

I suggest you follow the tutorial found in this Article as well as the working example in this GitHub repo with working Lwip Ethernet examples on the STM32H7 series.
Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.