Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32W108xx UART implementation

shaktishekhar789
Associate II
Posted on February 26, 2013 at 10:10

Hi 

I want to show the output(i.e. sended data) on tera term terminal. How to setup tera term for that.(I am using UART for serial communication in which i am sending data from one port and receiving from other one.) Please reply me asap.

23 REPLIES 23
shaktishekhar789
Associate II
Posted on March 01, 2013 at 14:29

Thanks for your response sir.But In STM32F10x UART is wired connected so is it necessary to connect serial cable to DB9? 

Posted on March 01, 2013 at 15:34

No idea, good luck with your project.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
kavithanathan08
Associate II
Posted on April 25, 2013 at 14:50

Hi,

I am currently using STM32w108CB microcontroller for my project. the board which i am using is developped by us. I wrote a serial communication program and was trying to view the transmitted data in a hyperterminal window. But I could not see any data in the hyperterminal window. It could also be the problem with the board. So, I tried to display the printf (''Hello world \n'') in the serial window of keil using semihosting. But I did not see anything in the UART1 window. Is there a way to display the string (hello world) in the UART window only by simulation before connecting the board?

I tried the following method to display the printf(''Hello world \n'') in the UART window.

#ifdef __GNUC__

/* With GCC/RAISONANCE, small printf (option LD Linker->Libraries->Small printf set to 'Yes') calls __io_putchar() */

#define PUTCHAR_PROTOTYPE int __io_putchar(int ch)

#else

#define PUTCHAR_PROTOTYPE int fputc(int ch, FILE *f)

#endif /* __GNUC__ */

PUTCHAR_PROTOTYPE

{

/* Place your implementation of fputc here */

/* e.g. write a character to the UART */

UART_SendData(SC1_UART, (uint8_t) ch);

/* Loop until transmit data register is empty */

while (UART_GetFlagStatus(SC1_UART, UART_FLAG_TXE) == RESET)

{ }

return ch;

}

When it enters the

UART_GetFlagStatus(SC1_UART, UART_FLAG_TXE) == RESET) it continuously executing this statement indefinitely.

Hope you could help me with some usuful suggestions.

Posted on April 25, 2013 at 15:38

Sounds like the clocks aren't enabled for the peripheral. Absent initialization code hard to know.

Do the firmware examples work?

STM32W108xx_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.0.1\Projects\STM32W108xx_StdPeriph_Examples\SC\UART\UART_Printf

Remember you really should front test TXE before stuffing data in the register.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..