cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32u599NIH doesn't exist in the board selector tab

Anassoumi
Associate III

Hi guys , I'm currently engaged in a project that utilizes the STM32U599NIH microcontroller. Typically, I would initiate my work by searching for the project under the board selector tab, but in this case, the board is conspicuously absent. While I was able to locate the MCU under its respective tab, I'm unsure how to proceed with fundamental tasks such as UART string printing, which are generally straightforward when starting with a board example project. Could anyone provide some guidance on how to navigate this situation? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Perhaps find a donor project under STM32Cube_FW_U5_V1.3.0\Projects\STM32U5x9J-DK\Examples\DMA

Say you have a STM32U599NJ or STM32U5A9NJ device, pretend like the die actually has more flash on it, or it has encryption, and then shrink the size in the linker scripts if you get concerned.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Perhaps find a donor project under STM32Cube_FW_U5_V1.3.0\Projects\STM32U5x9J-DK\Examples\DMA

Say you have a STM32U599NJ or STM32U5A9NJ device, pretend like the die actually has more flash on it, or it has encryption, and then shrink the size in the linker scripts if you get concerned.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks and is there a reason why initialising uart (for ex) doesn’t work when using an mcu project instead of board example , I still can’t see what differences they have .