cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F407 connection to st-link v2. I have a digital board running code from the external rom that connects to a color LCD panel, switches, and an some switches.

FLett
Associate II

getting Error(4) and Error(7) at various point's in the error logs. USB communication seems to be working and firmware upgrade worked. Logs attached any thoughts?

12 REPLIES 12
FLett
Associate II

Lots of great ideas. I previously didn't state clearly what does and doesn't work, my firmware update works and completes without errors. When I wrote: "it isn't connecting to the target." I meant the target chip target, not the USB dongle target- sorry about that. Anyway, I have some level of confidence in the Windows 10, St link/v2 dongle, cable, and drivers.

Looking at whats working and not working I'm thinking I need to spend more time figuring out how to control the STM32 code I have and the st-link target configuration page.

Thanks a bunch for looking at this thread and making suggestions that illuminated my unclear statement.

FL

FLett
Associate II

I haven't been around for a few days- sorry. Looking at my ST-Link issue some more I'm beginning to believe it must be an install issue of some sort. The target-settings page starts with a serial number in the serial number box. This box changes to an OLD firmware/ST-LINK already used error. A jpeg of this is attached. I've been reading the um0892 manual, this behavior isn't discussed. Does anyone know this error?

FL

FLett
Associate II

I've been successfully using dfu to do most of what I needed to do. My stlink/v2 trouble may be caused by something related to a test reinstall having an error on this 32 bit PC. I'll try the 64bit machine when I get time.