cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F405 SPI1 Not Working with the code which is working with STM32F401

SMour.2
Associate III

Hi,

I have been working on my Custom STM32F405 Board. I have been using different Communication protocols like I2C,SPI2,I2C1,USB OTG on the same chip in a single code using FREE RTOS.

However, I have a problem with SPI1 of STM32F405. I'm trying to communicate with a ADS1292R Chip which also built on a custom board. The ADS1292R Board is working perfectly with STM32F401RE NUCLEO BOARD(SPI2 ON NUCLEO BOARD). But when I'm using the same code with STM32F405 with SPI1, I'm not getting correct result. The same code is working on STM32F401(SPI2) but not on STM32F405(SPI1).

Is there any difference in SPI Modules of both IC's?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EXUE.2
ST Employee

if you have enabled the correct SPI clock for STM32F401(SPI2 clock) and STM32F405(SPI1 clock) respectively? this problem should be caused by wrong SPI configuration. if have no idea, it is better to monitor SPI port signal by oscilloscope.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

> Is there any difference in SPI Modules of both IC's?

The registers are the same, which probably means the modules are identical, especially as they're in the same family.

Perhaps elaborate on the problem, what you're getting, and what you expect.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
EXUE.2
ST Employee

if you have enabled the correct SPI clock for STM32F401(SPI2 clock) and STM32F405(SPI1 clock) respectively? this problem should be caused by wrong SPI configuration. if have no idea, it is better to monitor SPI port signal by oscilloscope.

SMour.2
Associate III

Hi,

Yes , it was SPI clock Speed Issue. I had to lower the SPI Clock to 1MHZ in case of STM32F405.