cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32f302 Operational amplifier 2 reference voltage

Saddrone
Associate

Hello Community, I am currently working with a stm32f302rc microcontroller, I need to configure my ADC2 to measure the reference voltage of operating amplifier 2 (Vrefopamp2) (it is internally connected to channel 17 of the ADC).

I need this to check if the ADC is working correctly, so the measured value needs to be compared with the expected value.
And the problem is that I can't find the operating voltage range in which to expect the reference voltage.
The datasheet only contains information about Vrefint, are they the same thing?

Saddrone_0-1695376508950.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FBL
ST Employee

Hello  @Saddrone 

According to datasheet, we can see they are defined as different channels.

However, you need to check the package being used. if there are two PIN for VDDA and VREF. If not, Vref and VDDA are connected. According AN4206 Getting started with STM32F3 series hardware development, fig 2, VDDA and VREF are connected.

Also according to datasheet :

The VREF+ functionality is available only on the 100 pin package. On the 64-pin and 48-pin packages, the VREF+ is internally connected to VDDA.

According to the voltage range, you need to check VDDA for OPAMP in the datasheet 

I suggest you read this AN5306 for further information Operational Amplifier (OPAMP) usage in STM32G4 Series - Application note

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

The VREFOPAMP voltage is selectable by using the CALSEL field in the op-amp CSR register. See details in the reference manual:

TDK_0-1695382036929.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
FBL
ST Employee

Hello  @Saddrone 

According to datasheet, we can see they are defined as different channels.

However, you need to check the package being used. if there are two PIN for VDDA and VREF. If not, Vref and VDDA are connected. According AN4206 Getting started with STM32F3 series hardware development, fig 2, VDDA and VREF are connected.

Also according to datasheet :

The VREF+ functionality is available only on the 100 pin package. On the 64-pin and 48-pin packages, the VREF+ is internally connected to VDDA.

According to the voltage range, you need to check VDDA for OPAMP in the datasheet 

I suggest you read this AN5306 for further information Operational Amplifier (OPAMP) usage in STM32G4 Series - Application note

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.