cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F030F4P6

Prajnyajit
Associate II

When I am uploading a program via Arduino IDE, it is giving me an error as " arm-none-eabi/9.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `FLASH' overflowed by 18724 bytes

"

and " exit status 1

Error compiling for board Generic STM32F0 series."

Please tell me how to upload the program successfully in STM32F030F4P6 using Arduino IDE.

2 REPLIES 2

Your program is probably too big to fit into the STM32 of your choice.

Try to change the optimization level of compiler. I don't know how to do that in Arduino IDE, I don't use it. There are probably not many users in this forum using Arduino, so you may want to ask in some Arduino-specific forums, maybe https://www.stm32duino.com/

JW

The STM32030F4P6 only has 16 KB of FLASH, which is not a lot to do much of anything with, and what you're trying cram in there is already 2.15x the capacity.

Things like floating point can eat a lot of space immediately, and there's not much space to amortize that cost over from your application, ie large buy-in cost, unbalance percentage of available space.

There are half a dozen RP2040 based Arduino/mBedOS boards that might be significantly better suited. The generic ones start with 16Mb/2MB QSPI FLASH, and extend out to ones with 128Mb/16MB

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..