cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX Mac updater does not work

Till Rachow
Associate III

Hi,

whenever I try to run the CubeMX updater on MacOS, using sudo, the update will fail with:

" Updater cannot write on Software Folder. It's probably due to a bad Acces Privilege."

I tried to give everyone, admin and me the right to read and write the folder and the app itself. No success!

Anybody knows how to make it work?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
ALiss
Associate II

Hey guys, I had the same problem but just now solved it. If anyone is still wondering how to solve this issue I did it the following way:

• Find the STM32CubeMX file in your /Applications folder
  • Right-click -> "Show package contents"
  • Locate STM32CubeMX in Contents/Resources/
  • Open terminal and use "sudo USER/Applications/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeMX.app/Contents/Resources/STM32CubeMX"
    • tip: You can write "sudo " then drag n' drop the STM32CubeMX-file in package contents.
  • Go download the update in "Check for updates" in the cubeMX app. The program will tell you to restart.
  • Exit the program and start the program again as instructed above. Now it should be updating.

ALiss, thank you, This method worked for me. Cube 5.40 to 5.50 on macOS 10.15.3 Catalina.

Clark Sann
Senior

I'm having this same problem now trying to update to 6.1.2 and from there to 6.2.0. I'm running Big Sur V 11.2.3.

I had this problem on one of my two Macs. On that Mac I had to use the sudo technique @ALiss​  mentioned above. THANK YOU, ALiss!

The other Mac installed normally without me having to invoke sudo.

Agree this works but really. MacOS support for CubeMX has been dreadful - having to extract the jar from previous versions, this installer is pretty shabby. It really grinds my gears when an alert has multiple spelling mistakes - this looks like some dodgy script kiddies work on Piratebay…