Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32CubeIDE Unable to cretate STM32F4 project

GFalc.2
Associate II

I am using the STMCubeIDE version 1.8.0

I try to create a STM project for a STM32f407VE

I get the error message as many users : the IDE does not find the 1.26.2 firware

I tried to follow the solution to install with the Import from local option, this does not work

I tried to install and use the 1.26.0, the packages installs correctly in the "manage packages" but is not detected by the "create project" option (it tries to download it again)

I followed the answer here: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000004k3VCSAY/solution-error-in-stm32cubemx-or-cubemx-inside-stm32cubeide-for-add-new-firmware-or-new-patchoffline-or-online

But this doesn't work for me.

Can you help me ? This is my first experience with STM32IDE and I don't understand what is going wrong.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MM..1
Chief II

Check if instalation repository paths is without spaces, reinstall IDE without spaces or special characters in user name usw...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MM..1
Chief II

When i rememmber right latest is 1.26.2 F4

GFalc.2
Associate II

Sorry my bad, the one I use is indeed the 1.26.2 for the F4 (I edited the message)

MM..1
Chief II

How you load ? Normal way is directly from IDE .

TDK
Guru

Install the package using the package manager. Help -> Manage embedded...

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Please open Window->Preferences and then open the repository folder in Explorer

0693W00000GZYzgQAH.pngDo you see there subdirectory named STM32Cube_FW_H4_V1.26.0 or STM32Cube_FW_H4_V1.26.2 ?

GFalc.2
Associate II

Thank you for your help

The current situation is :

• I have the package installed (manually by downloading the zip file on the product page) then by using the "From local..." button in the embedded packages manager. This gives me the following :0693W00000GZb9OQAT.png
  • But when I try to create a new project :
  • 0693W00000GZbAWQA1.png
  • I always get this error : 0693W00000GZbAgQAL.png

I tried installing also manually the zip files (by unzipping it in the repository) this doesn't work either.

I tried to remove all packages and let the wizard download and install, this doesn't work.

I have no clue on what to try next

MM..1
Chief II

Check if instalation repository paths is without spaces, reinstall IDE without spaces or special characters in user name usw...

GFalc.2
Associate II

Thanks, I will try that.

I would say taht I was not very enthousiast to use eclipse, but this time, I really beleive this IDE is a nonsense in 2021.....

GFalc.2
Associate II

Ok I uninstalled the whole IDE and reinstalled it in the C root drive :(

and now it works.....

This is really a joke

Thank you for your precious help !