cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32446RE is there a simple chart that states which pins are usable for just I/O

Izik
Associate

Hello, 

I was just wondering if there was a list in the datasheet that has a Y/N for usability with the pins on the stm32F446RE or family. I mostly keep running into the issue where I configure something on a pin and then run into a pin that is being used for something else as well. I know a few are for com ports like St-link which I believe is PA-7 and when using that pin it no longer links the board.

I looked through the data sheet and the closest I found was table 11 which just explains the uses in the AF-0 column. It would also be helpful to have for troubleshooting so I know if there is a fried pin/poor code / pin in use.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @Izik 

The best way to see all the I/O you can use is to check the Schematic Pack.

Best regards.

II

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

The datasheet tells you what each pin can do. Table 11 as you found tells what peripherals are connected to each pin. Table 10 shows the same thing in a different order.

TDK_0-1693675417724.png

CubeMX can help assign pins for peripherals without overlapping. All pins (other than power/special ones) can do GPIO.

You generally want to avoid the SWD pins and pins needed for debug. This includes the ST-Link VCP if you're using it. If you're not, those pins are still connected on the board and can be used however you want.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @Izik 

The best way to see all the I/O you can use is to check the Schematic Pack.

Best regards.

II