Associate II
Posted on November 12, 2009 at 03:10

STM3210C-EVAL USB Driver

24 REPLIES 24
gawie1
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:17

Ok STOne-32,

If you want to go by the book, we will give you until the 20th of September ;-).

Cheers

Gawie

16-32micros
Associate III

Hi uniskz,

September is also included in Summer 2009 :-), You may understand that the release will be in September 2009 🙂

Cheers,

STOne-32.

shangdawei2
Associate II

it seems that it will be ready soon !

csordas
Associate

Hi STOne-32

Is there a chance, that the updated USB device library (applicable for STM3210C) will be ready this week?

I would like to make a demonstration with the demo board - using USB, if possible. It would be nice, if some source code could be shown too.

Thanks,

Peter

shangdawei2
Associate II

i think new usb library will be ready before Oct 1

uniskz
Associate

Hi STOne-32,

Quote:

September is also included in Summer 2009 , You may understand that the release will be in September 2009

So... today last day of September :(

And i hope that October and November not included in Summer 2009 😉

Cheers,

uniskz

[ This message was edited by: uniskz on 30-09-2009 06:28 ]

16-32micros
Associate III

Dear our STM32 Forum users,

We are Releasing a new '' USB-FS-Device Library Developer Kit for STM32'' version 3.1.0 RC1 ( Release candidate 1) enclosed within this message as a premium for your testing and feed-backs before the official Release.

The STM32 USB-FS-Device_Lib V3.1.0RC1 is an update of USB-FS-Device Library V3.0.1 that supports the USB Full speed in peripheral mode embedded in the STM32F10x Connectivity Line devices.

History Updates:

-----------------

- Supports the USB Full speed in peripheral mode embedded in the STM32F10x Connectivity Line devices,

- Audio Streaming demonstration added for STM32F10x Connectivity Line devices,

- Update with STM32F10x Standard Peripherals Library V3.1.2,

- Update of Remote wake-up function to operate properly.

- DFU Descriptors updated,

- Minor updates to demos to Pass successfully all USBCV2.0 tests.

This release candidate supports only EWARM Toolchain

The STM32 USB-FS-Device Library provides a free, complete firmware package that makes implementation of USB-FS-Device interfaces in STM32 applications quick and easy, that allows developers to painlessly develop any flavor of USB-FS-Device firmware including:

- Control transfer with generic device management tasks

- Interrupt transfer with HID Mouse/Joystick and Custom HID demos

- Bulk transfer with mass storage demo

- Isochronous transfer with Audio speaker/streaming demos

In addition, the package provides implementation of DFU for firmware updates on USB-FS-Device, and of the popular Virtual COM (CDC class) for emulation of a classic RS232 interface on USB-FS-Device.

Enjoy it ! and we are happy to get your comments or feed-backs before the official release on our web site.

Cheers,

STOne-32.

shangdawei2
Associate II

Great ! i will test and report.

hbliek
Associate II

Hi,

Just want to let you know that I got this library working on Raisonance/gcc quite easily. Only had to fiddle a bit with includes to get rid of the IAR/EVAL-C specific project details.

One thing that got me pinned down for a short while; VBUS has to be powered for the device mode to be activated. Probably not an issue when you're working with a regular '105/107' eval board, but I had simply replaced the 103 on an old board with the stm32f105 device. Hence no VBUS connection. After I figured that one out, setting the corresponding GPIO to PP high fixed the problem.

btw1 My personal opinion on this OTG device; it's extreme overkill. It requires an absurd amount of coding just to get the devicemode running. Personally I would have preferred separate host and device controllers (with device compatible to 102/103 devices). The whole OTG implementation is bs anyway; all it takes is this little ID pin to define host or device.

btw2 My personal opinion on the CMSIS implementation of USB firmware; this is extremely non-transparent and wasting a lot of flash. Everything is put in tables to make it easier working, but in the end you still have to find these little defines that set some endpoint buffers. And implementing simple HID reports is quite a PITA. Keil examples do the same with 2/3 of code space, without worrying about EP configurations and also manage to provide a decent API for hid handling.

Anway, enough ranting for one day. I got it working now, so the project can continue (had to have both CAN and USB, so little choice).

Implementing this myself would have taken me a tremendous amount of time, so thanks to the MCD team. You folks saved me alot of work!

Regards, Henk

dserserg
Associate II

Hi,

I'm using v3.1.0 RC1 of USB library with STM32F105 and HID is working just fine.

But I can't figure out how to use isochronous transfer for EP2_IN (don't need dma at the moment). Things seems to be very complicated in the library. And new audio streaming demo only supports isochronous OUT transfer in this version. Any help appreciated.

Best Regards, Serg.