Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 VCP vs Windows 10

zaid23
Associate II
Posted on August 14, 2015 at 15:33

Hello Guys,

My product can not send data to my computer since I upgraded it from Windows 8 to Windows 10.

So I have one question, meanwhile a new version of the driver is released, how can I fix this issue ? 

Thank you per advance for your support.

ZBH

#!stm32-!vcp-!windows10-!driver
13 REPLIES 13

I have Windows 10 and cannot get the MKI109V3 to work. The computer will not communicate with the board. The COM port will not open. The UNICO-included drivers are not compatible with Windows 10. I have dutifully followed all instructions included with the devices, however, as mentioned previously, the drivers do not seem to be compatible with Windows 10.

I am not computer literate, I'm simply trying to help my son do a high school science project on bike helmet safety, and this is the only system MKI109V3 with MKI153V1 that will measure the G-forces he needs.

I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Best -- David

You might want to start a new thread in the sensor forum, it's going to get little traction in a 3 year old thread

https://community.st.com/s/topic/0TO0X000000BSqTWAW/mems-and-sensors

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

David,

Why do you think that the supplied driver is not compatible with Windows 10? Is there any error message? Of course, without a proper driver on Win10 side the board cannot talk to the PC. Try to find someone computer literate to check what is the issue with the included COM port driver, and whether it can work with Win10 own driver instead.

In my experience, Win10 has USB-CDC driver that works with STM32.

-- pa

DJess
Associate
Hi Pavel—
Thank you very much for your response. It truly confirmed to me that Windows had the appropriate USB drivers.
Even though I had previously replaced the USB cord with another, newer one AND even though the board was receiving power, after your response I decided to replace the USB cord for the third time.
Once I did that, the computer recognized the device and the UNICO GUI worked perfectly.
Again, thank you very much for kind response
Best—
David