Associate II
Posted on December 21, 2009 at 10:53

STM32 Ethernet?

13 REPLIES 13
optizyme
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:41

Dear gahelton1,

Yes you are right 107 series has internal phy hardware but i have 103RBT6 and enc28j60. I'm not sure if i can find stm32f107vc or not. Although i already started a project and it is in pre-production level. So i need to make it with my hardware :( Any help on it?

Optizyme

st3
Associate II

Quote:

107 series has internal phy hardware

No, it doesn't.

It has internal MAC hardware - not PHY.

An external PHY is still required.

optizyme
Associate II

Ok, no help? I also appreciate some clues and website links :)

gahelton12
Associate II

If you are locked into your hardware with the Microchip ENC28J60 ''pre-production'' then you are just going to have to tough it out. Go to this link on Microchip's website and read up on the ENC28J60. Download the hardware drivers and TCP/IP stack software. You will then have to re-write the hardware drivers to use the F103 SPI. This shouldn't be too difficult.

http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?dDocName=en022889

Keep in mind that Microchip says that their TCP/IP stack is free to those who use a Microchip microcontroller - that's not you ! So you will have to work out a licensing agreement with Microchip to use their stack, or you can scrounge another free stack from somewhere (Interniche maybe) or write your own (lots of work). If you were using Microchip's stack for a home project with a STM32 micro, noone would probably care. But if you are selling your product, you will certainly need to follow the law.

You can forget all about the FMSC interface. ''This'' part uses a SPI interface.

Good luck.