cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

st.com pesters with cookies

Each page on st.com - including the login here - now pesters me with a nonsensical cookies nag (yes, the top option is hidden under the selection bar):

0693W00000GWflBQAT.pngBesides being incomprehensible, no matter how many times I click on Save Settings, the same thing jumps up to me even if reloading the very same page.

Anybody else has this experience?

#fire_the_webmaster

JW

4 REPLIES 4

It appears to have gone by now. It was not pleasant though.

JW

Piranha
Chief II

st.com:

1. In every product page after it is loaded, one has to wait at least several seconds while some slow JavaScript reorders the tab menu.
  2. Left click on a PDF document link will not open it, but instead offer a download. Also the browser will not show the size of the offered file.
  3. They are using JPEG images where PNG would offer smaller size and lossless quality.

community.st.com:

1. Logging in must be done twice.
  2. Passwords are lost or reset from time to time without a reason.
  3. The first page fails to load topics and times out after 2 minutes regularly with: "Oops, something went wrong! Unfortunately we aren’t able to complete your request. Please try again. If you still experience the issue, send a screenshot and quick note to us at community@st.com". When that happens, one cannot even log in at the front page, because the "Login" link is missing.
  4. Million other bugs and deficiencies of this parody of a forum engine reported long ago...

What's even more sad, is that the bold highlighted issues appeared recently. I guess in their reality those are perceived as improvements...

I would like to emphasize on the st.com problems mentionned above.

It is really painful to wait for the loading time of the java "decorations" that are obfuscating the content, which, let me remind you, is more important for us engineers than the way it is presented now.

Best regards.

Besides the incompetent and over-javascriptoid webdesign, there's also a lot of spying/data selling (I don't care what's the marketing term for it).

JW