speech

-driven applications

to prepare

?

19 REPLIES 19
frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on May 08, 2012 at 10:45

That Microchip link is a good example for what I tried to suggest. It is a specialized solution, that obviously works well for the specific and narrow purpose it's designed for. As an example, it is fixed to english. If your project conditions match with the specs of this solution, it's okay. If not, you will have a problem with it.

That lib uses obviously scaled integer arithmetics. It is really fast, but very unflexible. With an M4F you have the capability to have a more flexible solution - if your project budget and roadmap allows for that, and you have any use for it at all.

sgyuri2003
Associate II
Posted on May 09, 2012 at 07:54

Yes.

I

think the same thing

Thus

the

principle

tool

for this.

frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on May 09, 2012 at 10:50

Generally, the idea of realizing speech recognition with a Cortex Mx sounds really interesting.

When optimizing for an architecture and abandoning a generality approach in your code, an astonishing performance is possible.

About 20 years ago, I have seen a Z80 based measurement system clocked with 2.5 MHz, doing a FFT based real-time audio analysis.

sgyuri2003
Associate II
Posted on May 11, 2012 at 16:14

I also

tried

to solve

Z80

device

(Sin

/ cos

ROM

table

for

the FFT

)

There was

100%

I

already

had

high-speed

CPU

(

4MHz

) 🙂

I hope

this

will be

F4

MCU

with more

success

frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on May 11, 2012 at 17:44

> There was

100%

I

already

had

high-speed

CPU

(

4MHz) 🙂

Not sure what you mean.

But that z80 was the 'original' design, 4 clock cycles per instruction. The sin/cos values were for sure tabulated. And, the FFT was obviously solely based on integer calculation.

This was an example of tricky design & implementation to the hardware.

A Cortex M4F is assumed give you the possibility to use FP numbers. With a FPU you don't gain anything with an integer FFT, but loose either precicision or you are burdened with higher complexity.

a_rocchegiani
Associate II
Posted on May 11, 2012 at 21:13

Hi all,

I think the

integer

FFT

on

the

cortex

M4

can

give

an incredible

performance

gains

On

the

cortex

m3,

with the ST dsp library

, the result are already

remarkable.

T

he

cortex m4 core have 

most powerful

DSP-like

instruction

implemented, so a integer FFT implementation can give surely better performance.

brian239955
Associate II
Posted on February 08, 2015 at 02:13

Playing about with a simple 'USB voice keyboard' using an STM32F4 Discovery board and a USB cable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNjDnielkM8&feature=youtu.be

brian239955
Associate II
Posted on February 18, 2015 at 22:07

https://sites.google.com/site/stm32f4voicekeyboard/main

atakan
Associate II
Posted on October 24, 2016 at 21:07

Hi,

I'v found that document on ST's webpage.

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/sales_and_marketing/presentation/product_presentation/30/8f/78/6a/b9/a4/45/ab/stm32-stm8_embedded_software_solutions.pdf/files/stm32-stm8_embedded_software_solutions.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.stm32-stm8_embedded_software_solutions.pdf

Please look at page 48. It says Sensory ''speech recognition'' library is available. Does anyone know where to get it?
Posted on October 24, 2016 at 22:01

Does anyone know where to get it?

With all such things, if it is not available for immediate download, contact your local ST Sales Office.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..