cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No device found on target" using STM32F730R8 breakout board. Schematics and layout inside.

SVezi.1
Associate II

Hi!

So, I attempted to make a breakout board for the LQFP64 package of the STM32F730R8 and I can't seem to get it to work somehow. Whenever I try to upload a program to it, I get a "No device found on target". If anyone has an idea or pointers, that would be very helpful!

Here's the relevant info:

• I use STM32CubeIDE, which is up to date
  • I use a WAVGAT ST-LINK V2 clone with up to date firmware
  • Up until now I was working with an STM32F405VG breakout board which was working just fine on which I based my schematics.

I tested the obvious, supply pins and grounds are right on my DMM and my SWD pins are connected properly.

Here's the schematics and the layout. Please be gentle, I am not a professional.

Thank you!

0693W000001qAxBQAU.png

0693W000001qAxGQAU.png

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

On that chip, the VREF+ pin is the same as the VDDA pin. It needs connected to VDD.

The bypass caps could be closer to the chip, but probably not a problem.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Ah! Well this should've been obvious!

Since the VREF+ pin is connected through a via, I could use a jumper wire to connect it to VDD and ST-Link Utility now recognized the chip so that seems that it may have done the trick.

Thank you so much for your quick help @TDK​  😅

Glad you got it sorted! 👍

Should probably rename that pin to VDDA in the schematic, since that's its main function.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".