cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My stm32f105RBt6 has more FLASH than advertised?

Javier1
Principal

I am able to FIT 139KB .bin files , 11KB extra??

stm32f105RBt6 B should indicate128KB flash

What is going on... is it safe to use this extra memory?

How much extra memory does this chip have?

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

No, it is not safe to use. But you can also read e.g. this post where I described why.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

No, it is not safe to use. But you can also read e.g. this post where I described why.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks @Peter BENSCH​ , i do have realiable sourced original STM32 parts.

i wonder why only some Flash is guaranteed to have full functionality

The untested flash area may well be fully functional, but the emphasis here is clearly on "may". In the production of the chips, it is quite possible that individual blocks of the untested area have errors or quality problems that do not affect the rest, but are not found due to the lack of testing. The function of the untested area is therefore not guaranteed and can deviate in several parameters: temperature capability, number of write cycles, etc.

In addition, the next batch can always contain a further cost-optimised die in which the untested area has been removed and thus the silicon area reduced to the minimum.

Clear now?

Regards

/Peter

crystal water clear, thanks @Peter BENSCH​ 

😊

Cheers! uhm... ¡Salud!