cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate from STM32L433 to STM32F410

qasimp
Associate

I want to port from STM32L433 MCU to STM32F410 MCU for my application. I am using an ECLIPSE IDE and OpenOCD debugging and have custom drivers (not the HAL from stm) for L4 for peripherals and clock. The underlying hardware has changed to F410 and I want to know the differences in L4 to F4. The application mainly uses LPUART and other peripherals associated with it (Timers, gpio etc.) and I want to know whether porting the same to F4 would be possible?

I see an application note which migrates from F4 to L4, but I need the reverse (https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/group0/87/fc/79/9d/3c/cc/49/84/DM00144612/files/DM00144612.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00144612.pdf

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @qasimp 

In fact, all Migration application notes are from an older generation to a Newer one. So, Since the STM32L4 generation is newer then the STM32F4, there is not such an application note. I suggest you try some reverse engineering and if you find some issues, you can create a new post for the Question here on the ST Community.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

TDK
Guru

That document is relevant for you as well. The changes from STM32L4 -> F4 are the reverse of F4 -> L4, which the document outlines.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".