cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logins Broken By New Password Rules

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

There doesn't seem to be anywhere to post issues with the forum itself?

I couldn't login this morning - the site kept saying my password was wrong.

I know that it wasn't wrong, because I copy it from a password manager.

So I had to do a password reset.

There it became obvious that the password rules (length, upper/lower case, symbols, etc) have changed.

This really shouldn't just break existing passwords

:pouting_face:

At the very least, you should give a message like, "Our password rules have changed; you need to reset your password".

#UXFail

33 REPLIES 33

They now expire after 1000 days. And I understand we are creating a 30 days email prior to alert each person to their PW expiring.

so nearly 3 years?!

sounds like a case of, "we are forced to have expiry, but we really don't want it - so we'll set it to the max" ... ?

:smirking_face:

Could not login today. But it was the red message which triggered me: it said something about 5 invalid attempts, after my first attempt.

That of course might've also been somebody else trying to hack into my account, but then I'd then expect to have received a warning email.

Or just the usual load of bugs in this wreck instead of forum?

Just sayin'.

JW

PS Please don't hide this thread from the main forum to a place where nobody goes.

PS2 when will ST realize that by erecting obstacles like the need to log in daily through a lenghty process full of redirects, they effectively repulse users but the most stubborn

@brk​ 

@Community member​ as always, appreciate the feedback, we're looking into it. CC @Camilo LEMOS​