cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any difference between “stm32f100c8t6b�? and “stm32f100c8t6�??

ZJian.2
Associate II

I can find some difference from datasheet,The definition of B is "internal code".But there is no further explanation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @ZJian.2​ ,

The STM32F100C8t6 (without b) is the same as the STM32F103 die Medium-density (you can refer to the RM0008, medium density part).

The STM32F100C8t6b (with b) is optimized to new die Value line (you can refer to the RM0041 STM32F100xx Reference manual).

Regarding the pinout they are compatible. But, stm32f100c8t6b has more IPs than stm32f100c8t6 (as TIM15/16/17, CEC...)

Hope my answer helped you!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

There's probably no functional difference, otherwise it would be mentioned.

[EDIT] I stand corrected, see Imen's answer below. [/EDIT]

JW

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @ZJian.2​ ,

The STM32F100C8t6 (without b) is the same as the STM32F103 die Medium-density (you can refer to the RM0008, medium density part).

The STM32F100C8t6b (with b) is optimized to new die Value line (you can refer to the RM0041 STM32F100xx Reference manual).

Regarding the pinout they are compatible. But, stm32f100c8t6b has more IPs than stm32f100c8t6 (as TIM15/16/17, CEC...)

Hope my answer helped you!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Wow, that's a bit of a shock. I'm not a long time ST user, but adding a little 'b' at the end seems almost like an errata type change, not a whole new part. Is there other documentation about this (press release, migration document)?

Hi @Grant Bt​ ,

I think there is an internal document detailed the change.

Please contact the FAE for additional sensitive information, through Online Support (New Case).

Thanks

Imen

Thanks
Imen

There's quite a bit of a mess around the 'F100, see related threads in this forum, e.g.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000bfw5CSAQ/discrepancy-chip-marking-vs-productchip-id-my-chip-marked-stm32f100v8t6b-give-a-productid-0x414-while-i-expected-0x420-have-i-received-a-batch-of-chips-with-an-incorrect-marking and links therein.

The parts ending with 0 are usually "downgraded" parts of the same family; AFAIK the 'F100 (except the largest memory ones) are the exception where there was apparently enough demand that ST created a dedicated mask set for them - but made them not completely identical to the "downgraded 'F103" version, for some reason.

JW