cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying BOR (Brown-Out Reset) Specifically in STM32G0 Series

Anagha_Sasindran
Associate

I am working on a project with the STM32G0 series microcontroller. There is a requirement in my project to identify a BOR (Brown-Out Reset) independently. In the previous version of the project, we used the STM32L4 series, where there is a reset flag bit (BORRSTF) in the RCC_CSR register to specifically identify the occurrence of a BOR.

In the STM32G0 series, there is a reset flag bit (PWRRSTF) available in the RCC_CSR register to indicate a power-related reset, which can be due to a BOR, POR (Power-On Reset), or PDR (Power-Down Reset). However, there is no dedicated reset flag for identifying a BOR alone.

Is there any other method available in the STM32G0 series to specifically identify a BOR?

Anagha_Sasindran_0-1719837023732.png

1 REPLY 1
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Anagha_Sasindran ,

The BOR can be enabled or disabled only through option bytes. It is not available in Shutdown mode.

When the BOR is enabled, four BOR levels can be selected through option bytes, with independent configuration
for rising and falling thresholds. For more information about brown-out reset I advise you to take a look at AN5096 application note precisely section 1.2.1 Power-on reset (POR) / power-down reset (PDR) / brown-out reset (BOR)

KDJEM1_0-1721041550640.png

Does my reply answer your request?

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.