cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to know the detailed parameter selection for the crystal and load capacitor used in the STM32F413VH MCU.

Rahul K V
Associate II
  1.  Please help me to provide the HSE and LSE parameters to select the proper crystal and load capacitors
  2. Do you have aything in the lab tested or qualified part for the STM32F413VH MCU.
  3. What is the typical values to be chosen for the HSE crystal
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have to refer to the AN2867, section 5 Recommended resonators for STM32 MCUs / MPUs:

• Table 6. HSE oscillators embedded in STM32 MCUs / MPUs 
  • Table 7. Recommended crystal resonators for the LSE oscillator in STM32 MCUs / MPUs  

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Rahul K V​ 

Have a look at the STM32F413xG/H Datasheet :

Table 43. HSE 4-26 MHz oscillator characteristics

Table 44. LSE oscillator characteristics (fLSE = 32.768 kHz)

You can refer to this AN2867 Application note Oscillator design guide, it may helps you as guidelines for the oscillator design.

Hope my answer satisfy your need.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Lack of information in the selection table. Can you suggest part number for HSE and LSE.

You have to refer to the AN2867, section 5 Recommended resonators for STM32 MCUs / MPUs:

• Table 6. HSE oscillators embedded in STM32 MCUs / MPUs 
  • Table 7. Recommended crystal resonators for the LSE oscillator in STM32 MCUs / MPUs  

Imen

Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

If you are satisfied of my previous answer, please mark it as "Best", so that this thread will be marked as solved.

Thanks
Imen