cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am using STM32L452RE-P in that CAN protocol is not working in NORMAL mode while in LOOPBACK mode it is working.

JLoli
Associate II

with the help of the HAL code library i am able to see the output while using LOOPBACK mode in CAN but at the same time not able to get the data in the NORMAL mode . can any one help me out with this problem ?

thanks in advanced

13 REPLIES 13

The NUCLEO board doesn't ship with CAN transceivers you'll need to port code from an EVAL board that does. I could probably port the code but it would take time and money. You need two nodes with compatible settings for the bus to function.

The loop back mode self acknowledges, in normal mode another node needs to do that, and needs the same rate settings. ​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you i am having CAN transceivers and both the node are having same configurations you kindly refer my code i have attached .

Can you and your colleague work together perhaps and not carry two threads on materially the same topic? ​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

yes we are working together only but at the same we don't know who will give answer to thread and whose not right ? so may some other person can answer the thread which he asked so we thats the reason to post the thread and finally our hope to get help from the STcommunity person and resolve the issue which we are facing . so please can you help out for this ?