cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am new to STM32. I and trying to learn STM32G0. Which tool I should use from the following. In future I will also be using STM32F769 also. I want to use only Free Tools. 1. SW4STM32 2. TrueStudio 3. STM32CubeIDE

HPATH.1
Associate II

4 REPLIES 4
KnarfB
Principal III

This is highly a matter of taste, like selecting a new pair of shoes, a new car or a new partner for life. All candidates work, somehow. You will find out their strengths and weaknesses while spending time with them. And you will get many contradictory recommendations from everybody.  

All tools your mentioned use gcc (GNU compiler collection) under the hood and an extended Eclipse/CDT for their GUI. Don't expect big differences, especially for beginners.  

For me, I prefer STM32CubeIDE just because there is no 3rd party involved.  

hth 

KnarfB

Thank you very much @knarfb ​

Piranha
Chief II

Thank you. I am using Keil for last 15 years for 8bit. But for 32 bit I want to go for free tools.

Somewhere here I read that , ST is promoting True studio more than Cube. So wanted to know about that.

The only thing which I am uncomfor table in CubeIDE is opening of Multiple projects. ​I am using it for last one week only. Can't say more than this about it now.