cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use TIM3_ETR to remap TIM3_CHx

Roshan
Associate III

Hi all,

I haven't worked with ETRs earlier. I am currently working with stm32G491, I want to use TIM3_CHx, as an input capture. due to design problems, I am not available to use those pins. but I can use the TIM3_ETR pin. so is it possible to remap to one of TIM3_CHx and use it as normal input capture0693W00000QNT89QAH.jpgThank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Only through the slave-mode controller (i.e. TRC signal) - set TIMx_SMCR.TS = 0b111 for External trigger input, and then for given channel set TIMx_CCMRx.CCxS to 0b11 for capturing based on TRC.

(What you've drawn is not what you want, that figure is not very well described but the ETRF signal going to the capture/compare module acts on the compare part, as OCREF clear, if TIMx_SMCR.OCCS is set)

JW

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Only through the slave-mode controller (i.e. TRC signal) - set TIMx_SMCR.TS = 0b111 for External trigger input, and then for given channel set TIMx_CCMRx.CCxS to 0b11 for capturing based on TRC.

(What you've drawn is not what you want, that figure is not very well described but the ETRF signal going to the capture/compare module acts on the compare part, as OCREF clear, if TIMx_SMCR.OCCS is set)

JW