cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to receive data from external high-speed ADC using quadspi?

charlescho64
Associate II

Hello, 

I am currently developing an MCU based radar. I tried to implement 4-channel ADC Sampling 1MSPS based on STM32H743, but the results were not good. There are many problems, but the biggest problem is the sampling rate, so to solve this, we plan to use an external high-speed ADC chip (AD7383-4). As you all know, the STM32H7 series supports QuadSPI. Of course, there are mainly examples related to Memory. Some engineers say that you can set it to indirect mode and do it. (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/73855861/qspi-connection-on-stm32-microcontrollers-with-other-pe...). Another engineer said that STM32 Quad SPI is difficult to use because it is for memory and data is loaded alternately on the Quad SPI data line. This part seems to be somewhat limited to memory.

Do you know if there is a way to simultaneously receive 4 channel ADC data at 4MSPS using quad SPI on STM32H7?

13 REPLIES 13
charlescho64
Associate II

Hello, jiangfan

I am attaching the code I used.

charlescho64
Associate II

The QSPI Interface is activated and data is transmitted using it. This is code written with reference to the project I told you about previously. However, the hardware pin QSPI_Clock signal does not come out.

try to search the forum with "QSPI CLK", there will be some good reference.

such as Solved: Communicating with QSPI nor-flash via OctoSPI (OSP... - STMicroelectronics Community