cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interpret peak power consumption for STM32H753xI (Table 29)?

TChen.9
Associate

Looking at the STM32H753xI datasheet, I'm curious to better understand the meaning of the cited "max" power consumption for each condition. Hoping to design a power subsystem that will provide sufficient current to give the STM32H753 its full range of performance.

Based on this table, I'm predicting that a dedicated 1.8V power line with peak current of 600mA will be sufficient for most applications as long as the junction temperature is kept below 105C. I am also assuming 600mA is a reasonable maximum due to the absolute maximum 620mA input current to all Vdd pins on the H753.

Are these assumptions correct? Does the maximum rating describe peak power during the test?

Thank you!

0693W00000FBggBQAT.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bubbles
ST Employee

Hello @TChen.9​ ,

we are running characterization tests by setting a particular run or idle mode to the core and enabling or disabling the integrated peripherals. But during those tests the peripherals are not actually used. There is also no load on any GPIOs. GPIO usage creates a lot of uncertainty. It's impossible to cover all the different cases in a datasheet table, but you can also try downloading CubeMX tool and use the integrated power consumption calculator tool.

But from experience I can tell that 600mA is an overkill for MCU.

BR,

Jarda

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bubbles
ST Employee

Hello @TChen.9​ ,

we are running characterization tests by setting a particular run or idle mode to the core and enabling or disabling the integrated peripherals. But during those tests the peripherals are not actually used. There is also no load on any GPIOs. GPIO usage creates a lot of uncertainty. It's impossible to cover all the different cases in a datasheet table, but you can also try downloading CubeMX tool and use the integrated power consumption calculator tool.

But from experience I can tell that 600mA is an overkill for MCU.

BR,

Jarda

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.