cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i know whether MCU STM32F427VGT6 is genuine or fake

Ryan Luo
Associate

I bought hundreds of stm32f427vgt6 MCUs, They work abnormally—— The flash size@ address 0x1FFF 7A22 value is 0xFFFF, In theory it should be 0x0400. The MCU uid @ address 0x1FFF 7A10 of the same batch is irregular,but it should be regular according to previous data.

So, are these MCUs fake ?

Is there any good way to identify whether MCU is genuine or fake ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Ryan Luo​, to the community!

Unfortunately, this question has been asked quite often lately. The probability of a fake is very high if the reported flash size and uid are not correct.

Please have a look here and there, maybe it will help you?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Ryan Luo​, to the community!

Unfortunately, this question has been asked quite often lately. The probability of a fake is very high if the reported flash size and uid are not correct.

Please have a look here and there, maybe it will help you?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Ryan Luo
Associate

Thanks for your answer!

I wonder whether the two parameters of flash size and uid can be modified after leaving the factory?

No, you can consider these values as OTP (One-Time Programmable), they cannot be changed after leaving the factory.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter