cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i measure 10 micro second and 1V Light sensor output ?

AMUTH
Associate

i have light detection sensor circuit , it will give 1v output and 10 microsecond time period signal.

this sensor gives voltage and time period varying depends on light intensity.

i wan to measure the amplitude and time period of the output signal using STM32F303K8.

sample image attached - red color spikes.

3 REPLIES 3
raptorhal2
Lead

If the light sensor is commercially available, please provide a part number so we can more fully understand amplitude and time period significance.

Time period is measurable with a comparator feeding a timer input capture. Amplitude is measurable with an ADC channel at high speed. But, depending on the significance of the amplitude and period, some filter on the signal may result in a more manageable measure technique.

Cheers, Hal

You'll probably want your circuit to also create a 3V compatible signal you can feed into a TIM running at several MHz to time stamp with a useful resolution.

A 10us period is invariable, what specific range does your signal vary between, and what precision do you need to measure that with?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
S.Ma
Principal

1V may not be detectable by GPIO, or at least Vdd dependent. You could use ADC injected channel with watchdog, possibly with ADC data cyclically filling a ram buffer. The time granularity will be the adc max sampling frequency, a few.MHz at best. Otherwise, shape the incoming signal with opamp and use comparator.