cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I connect external ram to stm32h743vit6?

DYaro.1
Associate

How can I connect external ram to stm32h743vit6? I need at least 2 MB of external memory for the display (800x480 16 bit color). SDRAM unfortunately this microcontroller does not support

0693W00000WHap8QAD.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If the 100-pin device doesn't support enough of the FMC pins to support the memory(s) you need, you'll need to pick a larger part.

The H743 doesn't support QSPI based RAM, and I doubt it would have the bandwidth to support a display in any case.

Perhaps you should look at a display that has it's own frame buffer, and communicate with that via an interface it supports.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If the 100-pin device doesn't support enough of the FMC pins to support the memory(s) you need, you'll need to pick a larger part.

The H743 doesn't support QSPI based RAM, and I doubt it would have the bandwidth to support a display in any case.

Perhaps you should look at a display that has it's own frame buffer, and communicate with that via an interface it supports.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

The Cube shows PSRAM capability. If that indeed does work, find a suitable PSRAM...