cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi..I am using STM32U575 NUCLEO ..there are three drive levels are mentioned for LSE...which one one should be used or which is more suitable for low power consumption and I need to know the power consumption in each case (numerical value)..

ABDUL1
Associate II

In the errata sheet,it is mentioned that low drive mode and medium low drive are not working.. but I checked and they work fine...is there any correction in the errata sheet...?..Can I go with low drive mode for LSE (NUCLEO-U575ZQ)???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Diane POMABIA
ST Employee

HI @ABDUL​ 

It's depend on your microcontroleur revision.
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjBT2QAM.png 

If you have an Rev W , low drive mode and medium low drive are working. But if you are using a revision version older than this one, they don't work.

Regards

DianeP

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Diane POMABIA
ST Employee

HI @ABDUL​ 

It's depend on your microcontroleur revision.
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjBT2QAM.png 

If you have an Rev W , low drive mode and medium low drive are working. But if you are using a revision version older than this one, they don't work.

Regards

DianeP

ABDUL1
Associate II

I think I am using Rev X (NUU575ZIQ$AT2)

You can check this information by using STM32C ubeProgrammer, in target information , you will find it .

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjBWpQAM.pngRegards

DianeP

Thanks ,

i confirmed, It is Revision X.not W...but all modes are working....

Anyone can provide the power consumption details of each mode?

I had found those values for L4 boards...u5 boards have the same power consumption??

How do you see if the LSE is working or not? In debug mode, when you choose the LSE level and activate the LSE, does the LSE ready bit change to 1 or does it remain at 0?

You can find the power consumption value of all levels in table 79 of the DS13737 of the STM32U575.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjD86QAE.pngRegards

DianeP

Thanks for the update..

I checked it in the RCC_BDCR register and drive levels are also setting accordingly in the register...

I think all modes are working fine...

thanks..

Hello @ABDUL​ 

it's possible that in certain case depend on your hardware workspace, it's working , just be sure that your LSE ready is set .

In revision version older than W, We do not guarantee the operation in these two modes because it depends on several parameters.

This issue has been fixed in the rev W.

Regards

DianeP

yea Sure...

Thank you for the support