cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello all, Can any one suggest a STM32 Evaluation Board (EVB) with 3 available serial (RS232) ports on the board? Thanks. Yacob Hassidim.

YHass.5
Associate

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

Max available serial (RS232) for STM32 Eval boards is two.

You can use ST-MCU-FINDER to explore the STM32 portfolio and find product that will fit your needs.

For example, you can search products in "Board Selector" with update value in RS-232.

0693W000003R3QDQA0.jpg

Note that ST-MCU-FINDER feature is included in the STM32CubeIDE and STM32CubeMX tools.

Best Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

RS232 is a bit dated, most applications today use MCU to MCU level connectivity at CMOS levels.

I would recommend using a NUCLEO-144 board, finding a handful of UART pairs, and then wire in simple RS232 DB9 w/MAX3232 adapters from eBay/AliExpress or you're local vendor of choice.

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32786765185.html

0693W000003R4iIQAS.jpg

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Or even simpler, wire up few cheap TTL to USB adapters.

-- pa

The OP specifically asked for RS232, presumably because he had existing legacy equipment using that mode of connectivity.. ie loggers, control or telemetry equipment

I can see a custom board having multiple RS232 ports, pretty deep into a niche application for it to be on mass-market evaluation board.

Many flight controller boards could also provide multiple UARTs

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
YHass.5
Associate

Hello @Imen DAHMEN​ , @Community member​ and @Pavel A.​ ,

Thank you for your suggestions and advise.

Yacob.