cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external RAM for stm32h753zi

Ditzhak
Associate III

Hi, my program required a large amount of RAM memory, how can i know which external memory i can choose? and which peripheral is dedicated for this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

External RAM can be connected either in parallel (SRAM, PSRAM) via the peripheral FMC or serially via SPI(QSPI). Details can be found in the data sheet of the STM32H753 and in the reference manual RM0433.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

External RAM can be connected either in parallel (SRAM, PSRAM) via the peripheral FMC or serially via SPI(QSPI). Details can be found in the data sheet of the STM32H753 and in the reference manual RM0433.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Ditzhak
Associate III

Thank you for the quick answer it was very helpful.

Ditzhak
Associate III

@Peter BENSCH  Can you direct me to an external memory that matches my MCU?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

There are loads of external types of RAM from various manufacturers that will fit on your board, so it's almost impossible for me to make a list of them.

It would make sense to check whether you can get by with the internal RAM, e.g. by optimising the program, eliminating unnecessary arrays and recurring variables, or even switching on the compiler's memory optimisation. If there is still not enough RAM, you should then think about which and how much data you want to swap out, and how quickly you want to access it. You can then find out whether and which type of RAM is suitable and what you need to look for from the manufacturers in question.

Good luck!

Regards
/Peter