cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in STM32F410 Reference Manual (RM0401 Rev 3) : Wrong block base start address of sector 4

jwoerle
Associate III

Hey,

I found an error in the STM32F410 Reference Manual (RM0401 Rev 3). I'm not exactly sure, if this is the right place to highlight errors in the datasheet, but maybe an employee of ST can verify the error and eventually forward it to the person which can correct it in the manual.

Link to the Reference Manual RM0401 Rev 3:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/reference_manual/dm00180366-stm32f410-advanced-armbased-32bit-mcus-stmicroelectronics.pdf

In section "3.3 Embedded Flash memory" on page 46, there is the "Table 5. Flash module organization", which says that the block base addresses of sector 4 starts at 0x08011000 but it actually starts at 0x08010000

I verified it, by writing data to the flash and then erased sector 4 -> The erased part starts at address 0x08010000

Thanks and best regards

Julian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Julian Wörle​ ,

You are right, it is a typo. Sector 4 start at 0x08010000.

I raised this error internally for correction in the coming releases of the RM0401.

Thanks again for noticing us.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Julian Wörle​ and thanks for posting this issue.

I will check this internally and come back to you with update.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Julian Wörle​ ,

You are right, it is a typo. Sector 4 start at 0x08010000.

I raised this error internally for correction in the coming releases of the RM0401.

Thanks again for noticing us.

Imen

Thanks
Imen

Thanks @Imen DAHMEN​  for the quick verification

Best regards

Julian