cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation for stm32-wm8994?

Rodo
Senior

Hi all,

I can't seem to find documentation for stm32-wm8994.  I want to use it with STM32F746-Disco board. The BSP project for this board doesn't seem to use this version. I'm using the cubeIDE.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
RhSilicon
Lead

@Rodo wrote:

Hi all,

I can't seem to find documentation for stm32-wm8994.  I want to use it with STM32F746-Disco board. The BSP project for this board doesn't seem to use this version. I'm using the cubeIDE.

Thanks

Apparently this repository is for a WM8994 driver, being written in HAL (UM1905) it can be adapted for use with CubeMX/CubeIDE projects.

The WM8994 is a highly integrated, ultra low power hi-fi codec with an integrated stereo Class D and AB speaker driver, and a Class W headphone driver to minimize power consumption during audio playback. The device requires only Vbatt and a 1.8V supply, generating all other internal supply rails from integrated LDOs. Stereo full duplex asynchronous sample rate conversion and multi-channel digital mixing combined with powerful analog mixing to support a wide range of different architectures and use cases. A fully programmable parametric EQ provides speaker compensation and a dynamic range controller can be used in the ADC or DAC paths for maintaining a constant signal level, maximizing loudness and protecting speakers against overloading and clipping. A smart digital microphone interface provides power regulation, a low jitter clock output and decimation filters for up to four digital microphones. A MIC activity detect with interrupt is available. Active ground loop noise rejection and DC offset correction help prevent pop noise and suppress ground noise on the headphone outputs.

WM8994 (Cirrus Logic manufacturer).

Rodo
Senior

I don't think I made myself clear. By documentation, I meant API documentation. How to initialize and use the library. Examples would be nice too. Thanks.