cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use b-l072z-lrwan1 to implement a l'ora gateway?

ang0001
Associate II

I would use a b-l072z-lrwan1 to implement a lora gateway using ping pong example and send data to PC through serial, receiving data from serial and send response to other nodes that are still b-l072z-lrwan1

5 REPLIES 5

Not as a Gateway in the LoRaWAN sense, but you could modify the Ping Pong example into a LoRaP2P point-to-point type implementation as a serial radio.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I have multiple nodes. When a node communicate with gateway it should send with UART data to PC and it have to receive data to send back to former node. Is this feasible?

The Semtech SX1276 facilitates access to the radio medium in a half-duplex fashion. All nodes will hear the same transmitted traffic. So implementing a one-to-one and one-to-many shouldn't be unduly hard.

The problem is this enter in stop mode. How can disable it?

And uart interrupt doesn't work even if I block program preventing to go in stop mode

Right, you're going to need to refactor the while() loop in main(), keeping the radio active, in receive mode to listen for in-bound traffic.

Probably going to need to look at how the debug UART is managed via VCOM and the PRINTF functionality.

The B-L072Z-LRWAN1 has several possible UART's, you'll need to watch the pin usage, and solder-bridges as they relate to the Arduino header and ST-LINK VCP.

I might suggest decomposing the Ping-Pong example into two versions, a Listener and a Sender