cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use an Stlink of a Nucleo-mini board to program another ?

Susano
Associate II

I have a Nucleo-l432kc board that I actually fried by accident touching one of the pins with my power supply probes while they shared the same ground during a risky test of mine 
anyway the problem now is I can't find a replacement at the moment in my region and a shipment of Aliexpress would take some time I have some  Blackpills and Clone stlinks lying around but using those clones have no mass storage or Virtual com port feature 
My Question is can I use the stlink on my fried board somehow ? I think the stlink circuitry itself is working fine since the mass storage and the openocd commands are working fine except that the cpu won't respond to uploading any code 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

In principle, you could use an ST-LINK - however, this requires the separation of some tracks, because unlike NUCLEO-64, for example, there is no space for solder bridges. You would have to disconnect and connect with the external ST-LINK:

• TCK - SWCLK
  • TMS - SWDIO
  • SWO - T_SWO (if needed)
  • SB9 (NRST)
  • VCP_TX - STLK_RX
  • VCP_RX - STLK_TX

In addition, you may have to put X1, C12, C13 and SB5/SB7 and to remove SB4 if you need a stable clock, as MCO from the built-in ST-LINK will probably also no longer work.

All in all, quite complex - but perhaps feasible. For more details, I recommend studying the schematics of this NUCLEO-32 (MB1180).

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

In principle, you could use an ST-LINK - however, this requires the separation of some tracks, because unlike NUCLEO-64, for example, there is no space for solder bridges. You would have to disconnect and connect with the external ST-LINK:

• TCK - SWCLK
  • TMS - SWDIO
  • SWO - T_SWO (if needed)
  • SB9 (NRST)
  • VCP_TX - STLK_RX
  • VCP_RX - STLK_TX

In addition, you may have to put X1, C12, C13 and SB5/SB7 and to remove SB4 if you need a stable clock, as MCO from the built-in ST-LINK will probably also no longer work.

All in all, quite complex - but perhaps feasible. For more details, I recommend studying the schematics of this NUCLEO-32 (MB1180).

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.