Posted on March 26, 2009 at 09:47

Boot loader and I2C

15 REPLIES 15
st3
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:58

Quote:

But how can ST make they examples works

Which particular example(s) are you talking about?

The IAP application note (AN2557) alluded to earlier specifically states where the bootloader part has to be loaded...

http://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/an/13588.pdf

trevor1
Associate II

Hi Søren,

The erase function lives in the bootloader application and the bootloader application lives in the first few pages of flash that will not be erased.

You need two different projects i.e. a bootloader project and a separate application project. In your project setup (not sure what tools you are using) you set the base address. For the bootloader this will be 0x08000000 and for the application this will be (0x08000000 + the bootloader length).

Your not the first not to get this immediately. Maybe ST need a diagram in the application note. I'm always a little surprised how unfamiliar people are with this approach as I and others I've worked with have been using this approach on different processors for many years.

Regards

Trevor

[ This message was edited by: trevor on 07-01-2009 16:02 ]

st3
Associate II

Quote:

Maybe ST need a diagram in the application note.

There is a diagram in the

http://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/an/13588.pdf

App Note that shows its memory layout... 🙂

What's missing is specific instructions on how to achieve that with the supported tools... :|

marknorman9
Associate II

Hi

I'm writing an I2C loader too. I would be very interested in any information or code to help me achieve this, even if it is just links for examples on I2C image transfer, anything would be greatly received, thanks.

Mark

marknorman9
Associate II

Hi

I'm writing an I2C loader too. I would be very interested in any information or code to help me achieve this, even if it is just links for examples on I2C image transfer, anything would be greatly received, thanks.

Mark

spa
Associate II

Quote:

You need two different projects i.e. a bootloader project and a separate application project

Ok thansk, I have used this approach before. 🙂

Best regards

Søren