cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue pill (STM32F1) board gets programmed through Arduino IDE but not using Keil, chip ID:0x2BA01477

IMumt.1
Associate II

I am trying to program STM32 Blue pill board using Keil, and it gives the following error: "Connection refused due to device mismatch; Device connected to debug unit is different from device selected for project target STMicroelectronics STM32F103C8." I am using ST-Link debugger for programming as it does not have on-board ST-debugger. The issue is that it reads chip ID:0x2BA01477, which, I have read on other forums, is the ID read when your board uses clone instead of real STM32F103C8T6. Still, I want to program it using Keil. When I program the same setup using Arduino IDE, it is gets programmed in a perfectly fine way. Is there any other way to resolve this error in Keil using the same board or there is no other option left but to replace the board?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@IMumt.1 wrote:

I agree to your suggestion 

I think it might also have been suggested by others ... ?

🤔

@IMumt.1 wrote:

I have borrowed a Nucleo board, from my friend, for experimentation. 

Excellent choice!

👍👏

Now please mark the solution.

PS

I don't think you ever answered this question:

@Andrew Neil wrote:

@IMumt.1 wrote:

When I program the same setup using Arduino IDE, it is gets programmed in a perfectly fine way. 

Is that using an ST-Link (or any other SWD programmer), or the Arduino serial bootloader ?

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-products/blue-pill-stm32f1-board-gets-programmed-through-arduino-ide-but/m-p/667932/highlight/true#M242510

If you were using the Arduino serial bootloader, that would explain why the Arduino IDE could program successfully.

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The only solution is actually to use both a genuine ST-LINK and a genuine STM32F103.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@IMumt.1 wrote:

When I program the same setup using Arduino IDE, it is gets programmed in a perfectly fine way. 

Is that using an ST-Link (or any other SWD programmer), or the Arduino serial bootloader ?

@IMumt.1 wrote:

The issue is that it reads chip ID:0x2BA01477, which, I have read on other forums, is the ID read when your board uses clone instead of real STM32F103C8T6. 

Yes, it is highly likely that these "Pill" boards will use fake/clone chips - that's why they're cheap!

Did the "other forums" not offer any suggestions in how to get around this?

Maybe Keil has an option to support them, or to ignore the device ID? You'd have to ask Keil about that.

Clearly, ST aren't going to be keen to support fakes/clones here on their forum!

AScha.3
Chief

Maybe you can work with Keil , if you select the chip, thats real on Blue pill board .

If GD32F103C8 , you should set this as target...just look, what you have.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

On board it's STM32F103

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

@IMumt.1 ...whereby the marking with this text says absolutely nothing about whether it is an original or a fake. For STM32F103 in particular, third-party labelling is ground off/etched off and a fake marking is applied. You can only recognise this with tools that measure into the STM32F103, such as those mentioned by @Andrew Neil.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Can you show a good picture of the cpu on this board ?

btw

ID: 0x2BA01477  is CS32F103C8T6  by CKS .

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

@IMumt.1 wrote:

On board it's STM32F103

Well, of course it does!! 😂😅 😂😅 😂😅 😂😅 😂😅

STM32 Picture.jpg