cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these appropriate LoRaWAN learning tools

Posted on December 07, 2017 at 03:29

I own a NUCLEO-L053R8.

Is it appropriate to get a I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1, plug it into the NUCLEO  and use the I-CUBE-LRWAN (STM32CubeExpansion_LRWAN_V1.1.2) to start learning LoRaWAN?

Is the NUCLEO-L053R8 with the I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 plugged in essentially the same as a B-L072Z-LRWAN1???

14 REPLIES 14
Posted on December 08, 2017 at 01:23

Andrew, what method would I use in Search to find those extensive postings by Clive One on LoRa?

Posted on December 08, 2017 at 01:28

When clicking on links in this forum and when trying to read entries by clicking on title/questions, an error occurs.

I thought I would be smart and start a new topic, telling the moderators of this error. Unfortunately, posting also caused the error.

However, I am able to do a reply, so whomever the moderator is, this miserable forum is broken and needs immediate fixing.

The error is,

An unexpected error has occurred

A traditional Microsoft error message, a very helpful one at that too.

Posted on December 08, 2017 at 01:56

It's been playing up for a while: 

EDIT

More history here: 

Posted on December 08, 2017 at 03:40

I think its NRND in the sense that once the shields run out no more will be made, and at $70 for the pairing seems over priced. Last time I bought I picked up the shields, and then ported the software onto the L4 and F4 Nucleo boards, and now I have it ported to the L4+ and F7 Disco boards. And the way the software is abstracted I can build either for SX1272 or SX1276 radios, and things work seamlessly. I'm not having any compatibility headaches, which is good.

The DISCO is good in that the shield connector is free to use, so I can mash on other hardware easily. A GPS board makes coverage mapping and range testing so much easier to automate. The on-board ST-LINK with VCP makes debugging simple.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..