cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC3+DMA

MDali.1
Associate

I'm having trouble with my STM32h757 processor.

I'm trying to sample 2000 samples using ADC3+DMA1/DMA2/BDMA, but it's not working as expected.

I set up the ADC to work in continuous mode and the DMA to work in circular mode with the address increment set to half-word.

However, when I start the sampling process, the DMA doesn't increment the address and only the first value in the buffer is changing.

I've tried defining the buffer in domain 1, 2, and 3, but it didn't make a difference in the behavior.

IN addition, everything works fine when I use ADC1 instead of ADC3.

Any ideas on what might be causing the issue and how to fix it?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MDali.1
Associate

Hello Romain, 

I have upgraded my IDE from version 1.10.1 to version 1.12.0. After the upgrade, I have tested my code and everything appears to be functioning properly.

Thanks for your assistance.

Meni

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RomainR.
ST Employee

Hello @MDali.1 (Community Member)

If I understand well, you sample only one ADC value in the buffer.

Can you share your ADC3 and DMA (or BDMA) configuration, to try to reproduce your issue ?

Best regards,

Romain

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

MDali.1
Associate

Hello Romain, 

I have upgraded my IDE from version 1.10.1 to version 1.12.0. After the upgrade, I have tested my code and everything appears to be functioning properly.

Thanks for your assistance.

Meni

RomainR.
ST Employee

Hello Hello @MDali.1 (Community Member)

Good news, but it shouldn't that be the reason for the problem you were having?

Did you also change something in your codes?

Best regards,

Romain

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.