cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBSFU example for 1_Image with STSAFE for STM32G484E_EVL

p123
Associate II

Hi everyone, I want to compile SBSFU code of 1 image with STSAFE for STM32G484.

In STM32CubeExpansion_SBSFU_V2.4.0 there is only one example of SBSFU along with STSAFE and that is for 2 Image and STM32L series

I want the example of SBSFU along with STSAFE for 1 Image and STM32G4 series.

We cannot use 2 image in our project because of memory constraints

4 REPLIES 4
Bubbles
ST Employee

Hi @p123​ ,

the selection of code examples is tailored to the available mass produced ST development boards. There is no G4 development board with STSAFE (that I know of).

But in theory there should be obstacle preventing use of STSAFE with G4. Porting will be difficult though. L4 had firewall which G4 has not while G4 has HDP, which is not on L4. I suggest you start with simple G4 SBSFU and add STSAFE to it later.

BR,

J.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @p123​ ,

To complete the comment from @JHOUD​, the SBSFU on L4 leverage also KMS architecture with the firewall which can't be ported on G4 as G4 doesn't provide isolation mechanism like L4.

I don't recommend to use the same implementation the STSAFE-A than on L4.

Today the SBSFU package support STSAFE-A only on L4 product.

Best Regards,

Benjamin

p123
Associate II

Hi @Benjamin BARATTE​ ,SBSFU package support STSAFE-A on G4 product.

We need to use SBSFU with STSAFE-A for STM32G484. any other way to do this or any other example can you provide for the same. It will be really helpful for us.

Benjamin BARATTE
ST Employee

Hi @p123​

In the UM2262, you have the figure 4 and 5 that explain which part of the SBSFU requires which IP and and which STM32 family include these IPs

The SBSFU support of STSAFE-A is only available with the KMS. This allow both the SBSFU and the application to use the STSAFE-A services.

Therefore on the STM32G4 series, you don't have the support of the KMS and by extension no support for STSAFE-A in the SBSFU. But you still can use the STSAFE-A in your application loaded by the SBSFU.

In order to better understand your needs, could please clarify which features of the STSAFE-A you need for your application ?

Best Regards,

Benjamin