cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using usb-pd system with stm32g071rb76 processor. There are 2 CC pins on this processor. But when I use the stm32g0b1kct6 processor, there is only one CC pin. Why is that. Is there an advantage to it.

Mtopa.1
Associate II

I am using usb-pd system with stm32g071rb76 processor. There are 2 CC pins on this processor. But when I use the stm32g0b1kct6 processor, there is only one CC pin. Why is that. Is there an advantage to it. I am using TCPP01-M12 as a protection circuit. In this case, what should I do with the cc2 pin in tcpp01-m12?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JDUMA
Associate II

​Dear customer, on some low 28 and 32 pin count package , two bonding package options exist. As described page 12, the STM32G0B1KCT6 has only one port with only one CC line (see note (2)). This allow to support limited use-case such as device with USB-C captive cable.

If you need a complete port with two CC lines I recommend you to select the STM32G0B1KBT6N.   Best regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JDUMA
Associate II

​Dear customer, on some low 28 and 32 pin count package , two bonding package options exist. As described page 12, the STM32G0B1KCT6 has only one port with only one CC line (see note (2)). This allow to support limited use-case such as device with USB-C captive cable.

If you need a complete port with two CC lines I recommend you to select the STM32G0B1KBT6N.   Best regards