cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does G431 TIM1 ITR1 acturlly from?

xiepan
Associate

Hello everyone!

I use a BLDC with hall sensors drivered by ST's B-G431B-ESC1 inverter board, and demo code generated by MC Workbench.

Use ST Motor pilot V1.2.5 - MC_FOC_SDK have a test, BLDC is runing and everything is ok.

In the demo code, TIM4 use OC2REF trgo, and TIM1 is set in Trigger Mode and Trigger Source is ITR1. I have checked STM32G4 series User Reference Manual which named RM0440 from v.7 to v.8, it is show that TIM1's trigger source ITR1 is internal connected to tim2_trgo. Wow, I'm confused!

Once i modified the demo code from <TIM1.InputTrigger = TIM_TS_ITR1 > to <TIM1.InputTrigger = TIM_TS_ITR3 > as RM0440 described, PC software ST Motor pilot V1.2.5 - MC_FOC_SDK can not connect inverter board, so that BLDC can not run.

I really need your help.Thank you so much!

photos down are demo code configuration.

xiepan_1-1715054384150.png 

xiepan_2-1715054420279.png

1 REPLY 1
GMA
ST Employee

Hello @xiepan,

Could you please have a look this post, it eases the responses.
TIM1 uses TIM2 trigger only to start to count at startTimers() function call. 

TIM4 is fully dedicated to HALL sensor feature as explained on User Manual (WB6.3.0) documentation available through "Workbench tool">About>Documentations>Documentation>"User manual" tab, "Hall sensor feedback" link.
Then triggers are correctly set.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA